Not everyone is a morning person. Years ago when I was working during the day and going to school at night I was a night owl. A decade plus later, I love going to be at least 11pm. 12 am if I want to live dangerous. I'm a morning person and is normally up at 5:30am or 5:35am every morning even on Sundays when I try to sleep.
Being a morning person has really help me to get more done in my day. By 12 midday I can honestly say majority of the items on the list for the day are completed. Which frees my time up for other things. Here's what I've learned by being a morning person.
1. Wake up early it will motivate you more. Because you're up earlier you'll want to tackle the things you have to get done. You'll be motivate to get them done.
2.Give yourself time to get ready. I hate being rushed to get ready. So getting up early gives me plenty time to get ready at my own pace plus make breakfast and etc.
3. Take a hot shower. When you get up early you have time to actually enjoy a long shower instead of jumping in bathing and jumping back out.
4. Do your beauty routine. Being up early enables you have the need time to do your beauty routine without feeling or being rush. Even though I can beat my face in 20 minutes if I really have to.
5. Exercise! Get your stretch on and then a workout before you leave. Some people like to get a early workout in before they start their day. You're body will thank you later in the day.
6. Plan our your day. Being a planner, my day is already planned out. I just take a brief look inside my planner and see what I have to get done for the day.
7. Pump that music. Due to the time I get up I can't pump my music but if you're like my sister she's always pumping her music when she's getting ready. It'll keep you in a good mood while getting ready to start your day.
8. Read something that inspires you. Because I get up so early I normally have time to read a chapter or two of whatever book I'm reading at the moment. It's a great start to the day.
9. Start your day doing the most hardest task. I've noticed if I get the hardest task done first thing in the morning my day moves more smoothly.It's like lifting a weight off my shoulder.
10. Brain exercise - crossword or sudoku Got to keep you mind sharp. No better way then doing crosswords or sudoku early in the morning.
11. Eat light at night so you don't wake up feeling full. I've noticed if I eat a very heavy meal the night before I'll wake up super hunger the next morning which will result in me wanting to eat a super heavy breakfast. Which isn't good.
12. Don't press snooze. I'm really good with not pressing snooze.Because all that does is delay your day.
13. Get out of the bedroom don't tempt yourself to get back in bed. Your bed will tempt you. So once I'm done getting ready I get out of my bedroom.
14. Meditate. If you're into meditating then this would be a good way to start your day.
15. Check emails and voicemails so you can plan accordingly. Out of habit we all check out phone first thing in the morning but instead of scrolling on Facebook or Instagram check your email. If there are any pressing items you can add it to your schedule for the day.
16. Catch up on the news so you don't face the day completely clueless about the day events. With our current world it's good to stay up-to-date on the current world events.
17.Drink water. I'm not a water drinker but I'm trying. I've heard it's good to start your day with at least a cold cup of water.
18. Stick to your routine through the week and try not to deviate too far on the weekend. Just like keep your children to a routine you need to have one too. Once you start on try to keep it going even on weekends. You'll be happy at it later.
These are why I like being a morning person plus so many more not listed. Are you a morning person or a night owl?